Runyan Announces Members of 2012 Military Service Academy Nominations Advisory Board
Washington, D.C. – Today Congressman Runyan (R-NJ) announced the 2012 participants of his Service Academy Nominations Advisory Board. These board members will be tasked with evaluating and recommending nominees for the United States Service Academies to Rep. Runyan’s office. Each year a member of Congress is allowed to select a small number of constituents for nomination to the Service Academies. Congressman Runyan’s office will forward the recommended candidates to the Academies.
“I am pleased to once again have such a dedicated and diverse group of highly experienced professionals participating in the Service Academy Nominations Process,” stated Congressman Runyan. “The board members come from all walks of life including retired military officers, combat veterans, local elected officials and parents of service academy graduates. I believe that they will select great nominees that will represent New Jersey’s 3rd district with honor.”
Students and families are encouraged to attend one of Congressman Runyan’s information nights held on Monday October 22nd from 6:30 to 8PM in his Mount Laurel office (4167 Church Road, Mount Laurel) and Wednesday October 24th from 6:30 to 8PM in his Toms Rivers office (600 Mule Road Unit 6, Toms River). Students interested in applying for an appointment to one of the service academies, are asked to contact Amanda von Leer, Service Academy Nominations Coordinator at (856) 780-6436. The deadline for submissions has been extended to November 23rd this year to accommodate as many applicants as possible. All application materials for each candidate must be turned in by November 23rd at 5 p.m. for consideration.
Members of the Military Service Academies Advisory Board:
- Brian Schultz, a 1961 graduate of the United States Military Academy at West Point, former professor at USMA, veteran of Korea and Vietnam, and recipient of a Bronze Star Medal.
- Ron Dash, a Marine and Vietnam combat veteran who is the Veterans’ Affairs Advisor to the Mayor for the Township of Willingboro. His son currently serves in the United States Marine Corps.
- Anthony Greski, a retired U.S. Air Force Lieutenant Colonel who served for 25 years as a Special Agent with the Air Force Office of Special Investigations, is also a retired United States Probation Officer, and is currently an Admissions Liaison Officer with the United States Air Force Academy.
- Maurice Hill, a Councilman from Toms River and retired Rear Admiral in the United States Navy.
- Lisa Post, retired from the Individual Ready Reserves in 1993, is the Executive Director of the Burlington County Military Affairs Committee, and the parent of a 2012 graduate of the United States Naval Academy who is currently serving in the United States Marine Corps.
- Richard Starodub, the former Superintendent of the Lacey Public School District in Ocean County, a former member of the New Jersey Army National Guard, and the parent of a 2008 graduate of the United States Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA).
- Mike Adamski, a United States Naval Academy Blue and Gold Officer, Past President of the Naval Academy Parent’s Club of New Jersey, and parent of a 2011 graduate of the USNA.